California Animal Response Emergency System (CARES)
CARES seeks to:
- Strengthen the system for coordinating and sharing animal emergency information and resources among all levels of government.
- Enhance the management of animals for their safety and well-being during emergencies.
- Develop and distribute information, including best practices, regarding the protection and care of animals prior to, during, and after an emergency incident.
- Recommend policies to ensure California’s animal emergency response system and the actions taken by participating organizations are consistent with Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS) and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Strengthen California’s ability to assist animals during regional and state wide emergencies, and, coordinate member participation and ensure animal welfare in the effectual evacuating, transporting, sheltering, feeding, and safely returning animals to their place of origin or to another appropriate location.
AVMA Emergency Care
The link above will take you to the AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION's Emergency Care page which features various articles on first aid tips for pets, situations that require immediate emergency veterinary care, and more.
High Tech Full Service
We are a fully functional small animal emergency hospital in the Inland Empire. We feature a brand new open concept facility with:
- Central oxygen system
- Complete in-house Idexx lab
- Digital radiography
- Full surgical suite with multi-parameter monitoring system
- Advanced ventilator system
We are a paperless facility that is fully staffed with multiple RVTs. Our support team is well trained and competent in emergency work.